As people age, they often find themselves looking for new and different ways to stay active. For many seniors, electric bikes provide the perfect solution – they're a fun way to get around town, and they help keep you in good shape. But it's important to remember that ebikes can be dangerous if not ridden safely. Here are six tips to keep in mind when riding your ebike.
Safety tips while riding an Electric Bike
- Be extra vigilant in traffic. People in cars underestimate how fast an e-bike can move in traffic.
- Ride defensively. Always assume car drivers don’t see you.
- Be as visible as possible by using daytime riding lights in the front and back of the electric bike.
- Keep your speed in check in congested areas. Slow down when approaching crowds.
- Stop with Care. Your e-bike is heavier, and it will take longer to slow down to stop. Squeeze your brakes well ahead of intersections.
- Practice mounting, dismounting, and quick stopping in a safe place before hitting heavily trafficked roads.
As we’ve seen, there are a lot of things to consider when it comes to seniors and electric bikes. But with the right precautions in place, riding an e-bike can be a fun, safe way for older adults to get around. Have you tried out an electric bike? What tips would you add to our list? Let us know in the comments below!
Electricbikesandscooters.com - is a family owned business that specializes in electric bikes.